Table of Contents
In fact, user acquisition is the lifeblood of any SaaS company. Once you create your product, you need to get the word out. To do so, content marketing is a chosen marketing path that any business can rely on.
There are several methods for utilising content marketing. However, we advise you to pursue content syndication if you want to stand out in the SaaS marketing strategies sector. It might be your reliable partner to help you lower your customer acquisition costs (CAC) and acquire your high-value SaaS leads!
But hold on, don’t believe everything we say! More than 79% of B2B companies actively work with content syndication distributors, according to statistics.
Overview of Different SaaS Decision-makers
Remember, the SaaS industry is a bit like a dinner party – there are various guests with unique tastes, and you want to cater to all of them. So, allow us to introduce your top SaaS decision-makers to target as per your offering.
1. The CTO (Chief Technology Officer)
- Designation: As the tech guru, the CTO plays a pivotal role in technology decisions.
- Characteristics: They are highly technical, visionary, and often deeply involved in product selection and implementation.
2. The CFO (Chief Financial Officer)
- Designation: The money maestro, the CFO, holds the purse strings and ensures financial feasibility.
- Characteristics: They are financially savvy, focused on Return on investment (ROI), and often concerned with CAC.
3. The CMO (Chief Marketing Officer)
- Designation: The marketing maestro, the CMO, is all about driving growth and SaaS customer acquisition.
- Characteristics: They are results-driven, marketing-savvy, and keen on solutions that improve customer engagement.
4. The Head of IT
- Designation: Often responsible for the day-to-day IT operations and vendor management.
- Characteristics: They need practical, efficient solutions and often look for scalability and integration capabilities.
5. The End User
- Designation: The employees who will actually use your SaaS product.
- Characteristics: They want user-friendly, intuitive software that makes their work easier and more efficient.
Top 4 Benefits of Content Syndication for SaaS Companies
1. Increase Brand Awareness
Content syndication can boost brand awareness around your SaaS business.
Imagine you’re a SaaS company specializing in project management software. Here, you can use paid syndication services to publish your insightful blog posts on prominent websites and landing pages.
2. Expand Content Visibility
It’s the by-product of increasing brand awareness through content syndication. But this tactic brings more to the table when it comes to boosting your content’s visibility.
3. Higher Lead Generation Through Social Media Platforms
Let’s say you syndicate an engaging infographic about industry trends on LinkedIn. This content, when shared and re-shared by your network and industry influencers, can capture the attention of decision-makers at various companies.
4. Spearhead Thought Leadership
Content syndication allows you to position your SaaS business as thought leaders. Let’s say you write a comprehensive whitepaper on the future of cloud computing. By syndicating this whitepaper on renowned 3rd party platforms, you can become a catalyst for discussions.
Choose High-Quality SaaS Content for Syndication
Undoubtedly, high-quality content is the cornerstone of your successful SaaS content syndication. It directly serves as a driver of:
- Moreover, the below statistics also show the importance of high-quality content:
- 44% of people believe that making their content better helped them succeed.
- 53% are working on making their content better.
- 37% are putting research-focused content first.
Types of high-quality SaaS content suitable for syndication:
1. Thought-Leadership Articles
Thought-provoking articles that offer unique insights into:
- Industry trends
- Best practices
- Future predictions
For instance, you might write an article on “The Evolving Landscape of AI in SaaS,” sharing your visionary perspective.
With whitepapers, you can present in-depth reports that dive deep into a specific topic. Syndicating such content can position your company as a thought leader within the SaaS industry.
3. Case Studies
Real-world success stories are compelling, aren’t they? A case study showcases how your SaaS solution helped a customer achieve remarkable results. Thus, you can use case studies to show your product’s practical benefits.
4. Video Demos
Today, video content is increasingly popular. 91% of consumers want brands to make more online video content.
This content type is visually appealing and easy for your audience to consume. You can create infographics summarizing complex concepts or data to share widely.
Select the Right Syndication Channels
1. Cold Email Marketing
Here, you send emails to a list of potential leads or customers unaware of your brand. It Email marketing automation increases your ROI as a powerful syndication channel when used strategically. If your SaaS company launches a new product, cold emailing can be a great syndicating channel.
If you want your subscribers to stay informed about your desired content, newsletters are the best way to syndicate it. You can regularly send out a newsletter to your subscribers featuring snippets and links to your recently syndicated articles, infographics, or case studies.
Let us tell you LinkedIn is the most dynamic platform for your B2B content syndication. It’s a goldmine for connecting with professionals. You can share your thought leadership articles, infographics, or video demos on your LinkedIn company page, as well as in relevant groups or discussions.
4. Paid Ads
Paid advertising on business-oriented social media platforms works wonders. You can specifically use LinkedIn for SaaS leads as it amplifies the visibility of your syndicated content to your filtered target profiles.
Content syndication is undoubtedly an amazing tactic for SaaS companies looking to boost user acquisition with less CAC. By sharing your valuable content across 3rd-party distribution channels, you significantly bring in more fitting leads.
So, get in touch with us today to take your SaaS user acquisition to the next level!